It may happen that some e-mails wrongly end up in your spam folder. This may also occur with invoices sent to you via mail by POM. This is most likely caused by strict spam filters or certain senders which managed to abuse shared web servers.
However, as a recipient you can whitelist an address or domain at all times. This way you can make sure e-mails will arrive in the correct inbox. You can therefore also do so for e-mails sent out by the pom.be domain (e.g. email@example.com).
Depending on your e-mail client, you need to follow a couple of steps to do this.
Below, we'll explain to you step by step how to whitelist a domain for several mail clients like Gmail, Outlook and the Mail app from Apple.
Are you using a different mail client? Please look for information online on how to whitelist e-mail addresses specifically for your provider.
- Login at gmail.com
- Click the gear icon in the right top corner
- Click on "See all settings"
- Click on "Filters and blocked addresses"
- Click on "Create a new filter"
- At "From" you fill in the e-mail address you want to whitelist
- Afterwords click on "Create filter"
- Next check the box at "Never send it to Spam"
- To save all these settings, click: "Create filter"
You can also add the sender to your Google Contacts. For more info, click here.
Gmail (mobile app)
- Open the mail that was initially sent to your spam folder
- Press the button that says: "Report that this is not spam"
Add the sender to your "Safe Senders" in Outlook:
- Right click on an e-mail
- A menu pops up, now click "Junk mail"
- Click on "Never block this sender" in the following menu
E-mail addresses in your Outlook contact book will always be considered safe senders.
Outlook (mobile app)
- Open the e-mail that ended up in your junk mail folder
- Tap the 3 dots in the right top corner (next to the trash icon)
- Tap the button that says "Not junk"
- Click on the name or the e-mail address of the sender and click on "Add to my contacts" at the bottom of the next page
Apple Mail app
- Open the e-mail that ended up in your spam folder
- Tap the name or the e-mail address of the sender
- Next, click on "Create new contact" to add the sender to your contact list